Featured Learning and Development Opportunities
Annual Business Meeting June 15 at 9 a.m., live by video/teleconference
We'll elect officers, hear Chairman Chuck Copeland's State of the Association Address, learn incoming Chairman Spence Mullis' plans for his term, and recognize leadership and longtime bankers. And, FDIC chair Jelena McWilliams will be our special guest. All members are welcome to attend at no cost. Register here.
Annual Meeting Strategy and Skills Package Release June 15, available through July 17
- Roger Tutterow of Kennesaw State University will give us an economic update
- Learn the secrets of Chick-fil-As digital marketing strategies and how you can apply them
- Glimpse the future of Georgias business community from Chris Clark, president and CEO of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Experience a Ted-Talk-style look at how to blend the digital experience with a human touch to meet your customers expectation
- Dive deep into planning with two strategic discussions about boards of directors and talent management
- Discover how to mine public-record real estate data to find new loan leads and develop even more robust customer relationships
- Explore ideas about asset-liability management as we look toward the post-pandemic environment.
New Three-Part Webinar: Opening New Accounts in Georgia
In these unprecedented times where in-person training presents an understandable concern to our members, GBA is pleased to provide a three-part webinar series on the topic of opening new accounts. This presentation is customized to Georgia law and provides answers to the most complicated and challenging questions asked by customers and employees. Suzie Jones is an expert presenter who takes technical information and makes it interesting and applicable. The detailed and comprehensive PDF of Suzies PowerPoint presentation is included in the registration, customized to state law, and serves as an invaluable resource for bankers across the state. A comprehensive 200+ page Opening New Accounts and Documentation Compliance manual, also customized to Georgia law, is separately available for a discounted purchase price for GBA webinar participants. Register for all three or just individual sessions. Click here to register.
- Part 1: Personal/Consumer/Accounts - Aug 4, 1-3 p.m.
- Part 2: Business Accounts - Aug 5, 1-3:30 p.m.
- Part 3: Trust and Fiduciary - Aug 6, 1-3 p.m.
Now Available OnDemand: 2020 Ag Connect Virtual Rural Banking Conference
All sessions of GBA's online 2020 Rural Development and Lending Conference held from May 18-21, 2020, are now available for purchase OnDemand. Hosts Danny Minick, The Citizens Bank of Americus, Adam Smith, SunTrust, now Truist, and our five experts offer an in-depth look at timely ag and rural banking issues in this four-part virtual conference package. Learn more about the sessions offered and how to order here.
Role of an ISO During a Crisis Webinar Recording Now Available
Tom Hinkel, Safe Systems, explains the role of an information security officer during a crisis in a one-hour webinar now available for OnDemand purchase. From evaluating the impact, to coordinating the response, to documenting and reporting, the information security officer (ISO) plays a key role in all recovery events, including pandemic. Once things get back to normal, what will regulators most like to see in your post-COVID-19 action plan? Hinkel reviews ISO responsibilities, including regulatory expectations and best practices, and explores the connection between business continuity and incident response, and look ahead to lessons learned. Order the webinar here.
Special Webinar Pricing
Now is a great time to keep employees productive with virtual webinar training. To ensure financial institutions have access to the training and education they need in order to keep employees engaged and skills up to date, we are offering special pricing, TTS and OnCourse Learning are offering special pricing to GBA members:
OnDemand Webinar Special - Save 25% with promo code: WebinarOD25 Redeem here.
Webinar Subscription Package - Save 20%! Get five webinars for the price of four. Waived additional location fee ($75 value). Two months' access instead of five days. Fill out this form to participate.